Monday, August 18, 2008

I want to wear those pin-striped pants again someday.


The answer.




I have 10 pounds left to lose (well, actually 13, but I'm giving 3 for a nursing baby) until I reach my pre-pregnancy weight.

I've been feeling a little discouraged about it all because I tried to start running again a couple of months ago, but my knee joints started killing me and I couldn't run anymore. It was even tough walking up and down the six stairs to our apartment.

But having a pot-belly is no fun.

So....I talked to my little brother, who is very qualified in this area. This picture was taken after he got first place in his division at a race.



He said I needed new shoes. New shoes? But I just bought shoes! ....in the year 2003.

So I got me a brand new pair. I've only run in them once so far, but it was like running on a cloud.

Goodbye, evil pregnancy weight!!!!

10 comments:

Steph said...

Way to go on working off that baby weight! Those new running shoes look awesome! I'm sure it would be exciting to run on a cloud! :D So with Jon's hair: I like it WAYYY better SHORT! and I like my hair long :) He actually looks LDS with short hair. I'm pretty sure our family ward thought he was partially inactive or something. Even though he was always at church with me every week. HAHA.

Lori said...

You're so on you way adele! I feel bad though, we could have let you buy those shoes with our nike employee discount (my brother in law works there) and saved you some money. Next time you want to buy anything nike, hurley, or converse- let us know and we'll hook you up!

NoSurfGirl said...

Hey,

That's so amazing. Guess how much I have left? I won't tell you, but it's twice as much as you. :p

Erica said...

Yay for new shoes, even new running shoes. They're cute! And is that Bryce running cross country?

Miss Scarlet in the Conservatory said...

Cute shoes! Where did you get them? I'm in the market!

Sam said...

yeah adele! nice kicks and good luck.

i'm glad you tried morphing out... i know our baby won't look like that but that picture is pretty scary! haha.

Margaret said...

I need to show this post to one of my sisters. She made fun of me when I said, "I need to buy new shoes, my pants don't fit." She didn't see the connection, but YOU DO!!

Just another reason we are friends. :)

Good luck with the running!

Jackie said...

I love your posts. I just love the way you write. I never even got a chance to say goodbye to the baby weight...

Linda said...

Is that an actual picture of your new shoes?

Steph said...

HEY! I know I already commented on your running, and I think it's awesome. but I have something else to address: PLEASE help us support marriage between a man and a woman and READ MY BLOG. I know it sounds a little "toot my own horn" ish, but I'm really realizing the importance of marriage and in CA it's becoming a full on war :( thanks for your support.