Monday, October 13, 2008

Four good movies!

Are you looking for a good movie to watch? Tired of scummy crummy movies? Well, here are four movies that I recommend:

1. City of Ember-


This movie just opened in theaters last weekend. It is exciting and suspenseful, and a great family movie. The kids play their parts really well, and it also features a couple of my fave actors, Bill Murray and Tim Robbins. You should go support this movie while it's still in theaters; we need more good family movies that aren't cheesy!

2. Bella-


This is currently my favorite movie. It's rated PG-13, but not for anything inappropriate-- it just has some serious issues it deals with. I don't want to tell you anything more about this movie because I don't want to ruin it, but it is soooo good. And very well-made.

3. The Greatest Game Ever Played-


You probably already know that I'm not a big sports fan; in fact, I don't really like sports at all. But I really enjoyed this movie. The cinematography is fantastic, and a really unique way of shooting a golf movie. And of course, Shia LeBeouf does an excellent job as the main character of this classic underdog tale. Based on a true story.

4. Kung Fu Panda-


Okay, so this movie's really silly. But if you're a Jack Black fan, or really even if you're not, I think you would enjoy it like I did. Plus, I was totally preparing myself for the crude humor that is in a lot of other animated "kid" films these days (like Shrek or Open Season for example. blah.) but was pleasantly surprised! Totally appropriate to show to your kids, and just a fun little movie.

5 comments:

michele said...

Wow, thanks for posting this!! I hardly ever watch movies anymore because I don't want to waste time watching one that might turn out to be dumb!

Sarah said...

Thanks! I love the book City of Ember, I read it to my kids while I was student teaching. It hasn't come out out here at all, I didn't even know it was made into a movie! I hope it comes out here soon, I need a movie date.

Sam said...

I love Kung Fu Panda... and now I will definitely have to watch the other movies on your list. P.s. I couldn't tell Junior was laughing in that pic till I blew it up, then I could tell. Still very cute pics your friends took. Very impressive. Are they for hire?

Linda said...

I've only seen Bella and the golf movie. Good to know about great movies. Dad and I watched one of the best movies last week - Fireproof. It's one of those Evangelical Christian movies which CAN be annoying, but this one was just great. Hope you can see it. It was lifechanging and wonderful support for marriage.

Erica said...

Kung Fu Panda was wonderful. And the rest are going on my Netflix -- thank you!