Friday, November 14, 2008

A tag of my thoughts



I am - a mommy.

I want - frozen yogurt. I always do.

I hear - the freeway. It kinda sounds like the ocean. It's like beachfront property, but cheaper!

I never - want to go back to work at the job I was doing before I had jr. Never never never never never never never never never never never never.

I wonder - what life after death is like.

I always - clear the dryer lint screen. When I was little my mother told me that once a mommy started a fire because she didn't.

I usually - wear black.

I search - for pants that fit me right. And don't even get me started on maternity pants! Sometimes short people have babies too, you know.

I am not - a cook. My poor husband is a very good sport about it.

I dance - with my baby.

I sing - to my baby. I usually take some tune I know and change the words to "I love you I love you you're cute" or some such silliness. You're a Grand Old Flag works better than you might think.

I wish - I could lose that baby weight...

I dislike - it when people make hateful comments on the internet. Would people act like that if they weren't anonymously writing from the comfort of their own home? How hateful, hurtful, and crude people can be.

I rarely - put pants on my baby. Why wear pants if you don't have to? Especially if you're going to have to wear them for the rest of your life. Enjoy it while you can, jr. Enjoy it while you can.

I cry - about very silly things. Once I cried while watching Saturday's Warrior.

I am not always - excited about jr. growing up. There are so many sad, terrible things that he will have to learn about, and he is so sweet and innocent...

I lose - at Skipbo. But only sometimes. And always on purpose. I mean, how would you feel if your wife kept winning, over and over again? Just doing my duty as a loving wife.

I fear - that something terrible will happen to my family. I know, it's a pessimistic attitude. But I can't help it!

I'm confused - about an old friend who I went to high school with. She has found success and fame in the world, but at what expense? Fame can destroy a person. I only hope it doesn't destroy her.

I need - turkey on Thanksgiving. Ham just doesn't cut it.

I should - eat more vegetables. Blech.

I dream - of writing a book. A good book. I have ideas, but they get so cheesy when I try to do something with them.

I have - never been tagged before. Thanks, Lori :)

I love - life! And my joshes, of course.

I tag - YOU! please???

9 comments:

Josh said...

You should probably make the "You lose" section a little shorter. Like stopping at "You lose - at Skipbo." If you want you can add a bit of truth to that like "Because my husband is so good." Something like that.

Lori said...

Oh, i loved your post! The ocean front property one was great lol

Emotionally Consumed said...

Love the post! I just love everyting about you!

NoSurfGirl said...

Write a book! All book are cheesy the first time you write them! That's what rewriting is for!

I'll do it sometime soon... when I'm not procrastinating preparing a beehive lesson and practicing the piano...

Bill Karoly said...

As your all knowing father-in-law just let me say something about writing a book. Write it! Write a book about writing a cheesy book.

Please don't let your husband win at SkipBo. When Josh was younger we used to play checkers and I used to always win so I started letting him win, at first. Then he started beating me fair and square and he would get mad as a disturbed hornets nest (hell might have been easier to type) and accuse me of "letting" him win. So put him in his place! Beat him fair and square and do it for me. Please?

Linda said...

Sounds like you are in the middle of a "full" life which is good. I sure hope you do write a book. The world would be better because you did.

Linda said...

Make sure you keep cleaning the dryer lint screen. Did I really tell you that when you were little? Gotta cover all the bases.

Willow Withy said...

I love learning more about you, Adele. I just recommended your name to a friend who is having a baby and she said she knew a great girl named Adele too.

So, am I really tagged because I read your post? Or is "YOU" code for someone I don't know?

Jen said...

I think I must do this post.

Thanks for sharing.

AND...NEVER let Josh win. He really doesn't need that kind of an ego boost.:)