Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My Fatal Valentine

Saturday was Valentine's birthday. One year since he joined our family! In honor of the occasion, we bought him a new....


...castle!

He also almost died twice.

1. On Friday our fish-sitter's daughter thought his water looked low so she filled up his tank with tap water!! Aaah! Luckily he lived through it.

2. When I cleaned out his water yesterday he jumped out of the slotted spoon I was using to transfer him from his bowl and landed on the counter. I freaked out and started yelling! Finally I was able to calm down enough to get him back into his water.

Oh, Valentine. We're glad you're alive! Happy birthday (hope it wasn't too traumatic for you)!

5 comments:

Lori said...

Oh that is quite a nice castle you got him.
The entire 2.5 weeks we watched him, I thought he was dead. That guy is tricky! I think he does it for the attention.

Linda said...

What a lucky fish...to have such a loving family!

Steph said...

Whew! Sounds like a pretty resilient fish!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

Mandie Flood said...

Does your landlord know about this?!
Just kidding, i know the place is yours.
Let's see...someone said nice castle
...someone said lucky fish...
...someone said resilient fish...
Nice fake sea weed.
Love mandie

NoSurfGirl said...

Haha. At least he didn't flop onto a cake you were frosting... one of my friends told me about her experience as a little girl and this happened to her. She can't have fish, ever, after experiencing that trauma.