Saturday, April 18, 2009

My baby is shrinking.


So... jr. went to the doctor for his 12 month appointment. And you're not going to believe this, but he weighed an ounce less than he had at his 9 month appointment. And he was half an inch shorter! My baby is shrinking!!!!

Okay, so I'm pretty sure they measured his length wrong last time so I'm not super worried. They never seem to be very accurate about measuring it anyway, has anybody else noticed that (maybe it's just our dr.'s office)?

The nurse lady took a look at me and said, "well, I see you're not exactly 6 foot yourself..." I informed her that my husband was 6'1", thank you very much. I'm hoping that jr. takes after his dad in height, not his mom. (but don't worry, I'll still love you if you're short, junes. I guess short people are kinda cool sometimes, too.)

And his weight, well, he's been walking and he had just gotten over being sick, so those are a couple of good reasons that he hadn't gained any weight. But they want to measure and weigh him again in a month to make sure everything's okay (can you believe he is only 50%tile for weight and 25%tile for height now?? still 100%tile for head size though. lots of brains).

Anyway, our lil guy is getting bigger every day (okay I just read that and realized it isn't 100% true, is it?) and we just love him (but that is)! He is so special. Seeing him walk and hearing him say his first words-- there's nothing like it.












7 comments:

Aaron and Ashley said...

Yeah the doctors office is always messing up measurements of Chloe. I would like to do it myslef sometimes, cuz I think I could probably do a better job. Not to be a snot but its true. Jr. is not shrinking. And I am sure loosing an ounce wont hurt him. He seems happy...thats all that matters. :) He is adorable.

JMH85 said...

No worries about the measurement thing...depending on the doctor I go to I am anywhere from 5'6 to 5'8.5. There really is no consistency. On another note...Happy 1st Birthday to Jr!!!

Ryan and Camilla said...

If they say that again at the next doctor's appointment, you should take one of those cakes and Junior can throw it all over their office, and then you can leave.

That'll get 'em big time.

Linda said...

I agree with Ryan and Camilla. It is HIGHLY UNLIKELY that our handsome young boy is shrinking.

Camilla said...

HAHA- my husband is too funny. Sorry, I didn't know he commented, so it took me by surprise (not his comment- I can hear him say those words no problemo- just the fact that he commented already).
Anyway. Gosh that baby of yours sure is the cutest there is. When are we gonna see you guys?!?!?!?!

Erica said...

Short people ARE kinda awesome so he has nothing to worry about! And did you cut your hair? Cute!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh he's just so cute! And don't worry, my hubby's just 5'5" but I love how we look just like we were made for each other. I'm sure Josh will have the same luck even if he happens to get the short side of the height stick :D