Sunday, October 25, 2009

my little hero



This morning after I threw a diaper away, the diaper champ suddenly toppled over onto my foot. So I yelled really loud, being the dramatic person I am. When the Joshes came to see what was wrong, I told them (mostly big Josh) what had happened. So I'm standing there and jr. sits down in front of me and picks up my foot by the toes. Then he picks up my other foot... and starts rubbing it!!! At first I was confused, and asked him what he was doing. Then I realized that he was trying to make my foot feel better. Isn't that sweet? You never know what a little 18-month old kid will comprehend about a situation-- I hadn't even known he was paying attention to my conversation with his daddy.

Love my little boy.

6 comments:

Trent and Meg said...

What a sweet little one--don't you love that great spirit he has??

Lori said...

Oh, that's way sweet. Seriously, I love baby josh.
This made me remember: Days before I left for my mission, i was sitting in our front room by myself and I realized I was leaving and I had my only pre-mission cry. My 18 month-old nephew toddled into the room, got one good look at me, then toddled into the kitchen and came back out with a hand towel. Then he brought it to me and started patting my face with it. I knew from there on out that things were going to be okay :)

Linda said...

He must have had a good role model. This says something about both Josh Sr. and Jr. You have very wonderful men in your life. I want a copy of that picture of Jr. Make sure you bring one with you at Thanksgiving time. (Sorry to be so demanding, but some things are VERY important to me)

Dahlia said...

Ohhh, What a sweet heart! Sush a cutie. He may be a very sensitive guy when he grows up :) (in tune with others feelings)

Steph said...

That is so cute! It's sweet to see how children understand. And he must have really kind parents because he learned it from somewhere!

NoSurfGirl said...

They are so sweet, aren't they? Love when they start showing that compassion and understanding that little kids just seem to have naturally (when they have compassionate parents!)