Monday, January 11, 2010

Poop. Don't read if you are easily grossed out.

Jr. used the toilet today! I was filling up the tub and he said "poop" so I put him on the toilet and he pooped. (He also pooped a lot more in the tub later, but that's beside the point, right?) Potty training is going to be lots of fun. Below is an excerpt from a chat between Josh and me from a couple of months ago to show just how fun it can be.

11:49 AM me: k so here's the story
jr is in the bathtub
11:50 AM
I turn and see that he's standing up
so I think "oh, maybe he just peed" oh well.
I turn back and continue what I'm doing
the next time I look, jr has pooped.
In about 4 inches of water.
so I'm like "aaah! in the toilet josh!"
11:51 AM and I grab him and put him on the toilet
so he's sitting there and nothing's happening, so I'm like "okay are you done?"
and I move him.
which is right when the poop comes out and smears all over the toilet.
so I put him back on in a different spot and hold him there for quite a while
finally, I figure he's done
so I take him off.
11:52 AM So I try and wipe his bum a little
next thing I know, he's peeing all over my feet
I'm like "sick, junes!"
but I can't just wash off my feet because there's major poop in the tub which hasn't finished draining
11:53 AM so I finally gather up the poop in the tub with some toilet paper and flush it in the toilet
and jump in the tub to wash off my feet so I can go get some wipes
sometime during all of this, jr. pooped again
this time on the bathroom floor
and stepped in it.
so I had to put him back in the tub to wash off his feet
11:54 AM I finally got my feet washed off, got his feet washed off, gathered him in a (now poopy) towel
wiped his bum with a wipe and put a diaper on him
this whole time he's being super cute and obedient and innocent so there's no possible way I can be mad at him
the end.

8 minutes
12:03 PM Joshua: oh man
i didn't laugh
at all
12:04 PM me: did you laugh?
tell the truth.
Joshua: ...yes
i kept thinking you were done
and then you kept going
me: haha
12:06 PM I kept thinking jr was done pooping.
funny how not a bit of that poop made it into the toilet
except for the parts I wiped up

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh man! Potty training--I am not looking forward to that. But I applaud your efforts Adele, especially at almost a week overdue with baby #2. You're a brave brave woman!

Chloe said...

Wow, that's quite a poop story. I can't believe you're still prego, why haven't they taken you in yet?

Lindsey said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That is so funny! You give me sooo much to look forward to!

Bill Karoly said...

Thank goodness there are no photo's! What a mess! My guess is he will be potty trained before the baby is born. Go Junes!

Steph said...

HAHAHA that is one of the funniest potty training stories I have ever heard :) Every time I laugh at my friends telling a poop story though, I know that Jon and I are in for it someday.

Lori said...

Oh, the poop, the poop! That story was fantastic. We haven't had any comparable stories just yet, but I'm sure we have some in our future.

Linda said...

Definition of toilet training - "whatever thing that could possibly go wrong...will". (otherwise known as Murphy's Law)

Also, you have an amazing memory. You remembered the exact minute everything happened as you told the story. I'm impressed.

Someday,(hopefully) you'll be able to look back and laugh. Especially when your grandchild does the same thing to JJ.

NoSurfGirl said...

Soooooo true to life. Man, just reading this brings up feelings that I have REPRESSED. I'm stalling on Sammy and toilet training... but we'll have to face it soon.

Megan said...

Oh man. Thanks for the reminding me to be grateful for singlehood while it lasts! Just make sure he gets this potty training thing figured out before he starts having baths with siblings. When my sister and I used to have our bath, every time, without fail, I'd be laying back rinsing my hair or something, and something brown would float past! Pooping in tubs is infinitely grosser when you're the victim.

Ashley Gilbert said...

HELLO POO! Well that is just about the funniest thing I have ever heard. I am sure it was not funny to you at the time...lol

Erin R. said...

So funny!!! We're starting to potty train Andrew so we will have to swap stories!