Friday, May 21, 2010

so one day I woke up and realized that

I couldn't stand my kitchen towels. they were old and dingy, and made my whole kitchen look old and dingy when they were littered across the counters.

I began to search for new ones.... we spent date night going from store to store to store (yes, I have an amazing husband) and couldn't find anything cute or unique. online wasn't much better.
finally, I decided on these
that I found on amazon:

and these
to match:



then, we spent an evening at Color Me Mine in Provo so that we could have some dishes to match my new towels! it's a cool place-- you paint ceramics and then they fire them for you. it's super fun and a great idea for a date!





Josh's dish:



my dish:



our kitchen:

16 comments:

Katie B said...

Love the fabric and I'm super impressed with your dishes! Nice work!

Jen said...

That is so lovely! I am very impressed...well really I knew it was in ya BOTH! ;) love ya!

Jodi said...

Check you out! So coordinated!

Nada said...

Love it! Good thing you and Josh are so artistic...your pottery looks great!

Erin R. said...

So cute!

NoSurfGirl said...

so cute!!

Steph said...

Oh my gosh that turned out so good! very cute idea. there is a color me mine out here in folsom. we might just have to pay them a visit :)

JMH85 said...

Super Cuteness!!! I love them.

Margaret said...

I am so totally impressed. Nice job, friends! It looks so cute!!

Lori said...

Those are all super cute! Nice work adele and josh!

Aaron & Ashley Gilbert said...

I love it!!

Linda said...

Oh WOW!!! That is just amazing! I was speechless when I saw your classy, tasteful, artistic, creative, beautiful, colorful, sophisticated, homey, marvelous, fabulous, lovely, gorgeous, new kitchen! I may just have to come see it for myself, in person.

P.S. Wouldn't mind seeing the four of you either...

Camilla said...

Del, I'm super impressed with your and Josh's painting abilities. Seriously, professional looking!
Also, that painting ceramics thing sounds like an AWESOME date idea. I'll have to see if they have anything around here like that...

And I agree with M.O.M., some more pics of the fam. would sweeten the deal even more!

Dahlia said...

Totally cute and creative! I Love it! Can you redo my kitchen now???

mptanner said...

very nice and creative, I love it!

Bill Karoly said...

Very very nice. Something like that here in Tulsa would cost us a fortune. A mug costs $20. I was not impressed with the prices for the place down the street here.