Thursday, September 16, 2010

the benny and junes show: a career change


man.


it's all my fault.


these slippery fingers.


do i even deserve to wear this letter on my chest?


*sigh*


hey, what's wrong, buddy?


you can tell me.


it's just that... well...


i'm the reason we lost the byu football game on Saturday.


oh, is that all?
just the byu football game?
no big deal...


okay, you're right.
that is a big deal.


if my pockets weren't empty,
I'd loan you some cash to hightail it outta here
and lay low for a while.
don't worry about it, bro...


it's hopeless.


no, no, let's be positive.
we'll think of something!


hmmm....


I've got it!
really??


come tackle me.
you sure, man?


well okay, if you insist...


that's right, bennett, come and...


oof! that's very...


okay, okay! you can stop now!

oh... sorry... are you okay?


phew! yeah, I think so.


and I knew I was right!
about what, bro?


well, I know how much you like to throw the ol pigskin, and...


I have nothing but the utmost respect for your coach, but...


I thiiiink our friend Bronco has you playing the wrong position.
umm...

you're a linebacker, bro.


not a quarterback.



you're right!


i love tackling people.


how can i ever thank you for showing me the truth??


well... these pockets are still lookin' pretty empty...


you can start there.
uhhh....



just kidding, man! we're brothers!
we help each other out.



epilogue:


oh, look! here comes Coach Mendenhall now.
you can tell him all about the mistake he made
and how he was wrong the whole time.


yeah! we can tell him what we--


joshy?

19 comments:

NoSurfGirl said...

Hahaha!!!

OK I'm sad to find out (pathetic that I only find out on your blog) that BYU lost.

But I love the "helmet". You guys have decorating skillz!!

Margaret said...

hee HEEE!!! You have cute babies :)

Jen said...

That helmet is freakin' amazing! Totally, totally AWESOME!!! Lovin' those MAD skillz!

Erin R. said...

The helmet is darling and so are your boys!

Kristen said...

I love it Adele! The helmet is cool and the pics are way adorable! Your're pretty amazing! :)

Angie Judd said...

So freakin' cute!!! Love it!

Linda said...

This b&j show made my day! Almost makes me want to start watching Cougar football. Bennett can tackle ME anytime! And Joshy is so persuasive. Maybe a career change for him too? Oh wait, that's always been his career. Some things never change.

Coree Adams said...

I absolutely LOVE how that turned out! That kid is so dang cute! I hope you don't mind if I stole I few to put on my website, www.blingyourband.com EVERYBODY needs to see how cute that kid and his helmet are!!

Jennifer said...

Hi, I'm Lori's little sister, and sometimes I blog-stalk you. Sometimes when your posts are extra cute she sends them along to me because she knows I appreciate your cute kids and cute blogging style. Thanks for making me smile:)

Lori said...

Joshy is looking SO big! And that bennet is pudgetastically adorable. Great post, great post.

The Gilberts said...

Uhm your post in genius! I love how you make something that a lot more positive by taking some cute pictures and making a comic strip out of it.

Jessica Dahlquist said...

Could they be any cuter? They make the helmets so stylish now! You're so creative with your posts.

Camilla said...

Adele, the helmet looks awesome! Seriously, it's a great accessory for Bennett's cuteness.
Oh this post. Your blogging skills never cease to amaze me. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want to snuggle that little football star right now :(
Good thing he's got his older brother to watch out for his career!

Dahlia said...

You are so clever with picture monologues! I tried it once and it never showed up on my blog sooo..... anyway, I love reading your blog!!!

Ps. Rock on the helmet! That is the coolest decorating job ever! Looks professional. LOL Maybe you can make a business out of it. . . ok so that might be weird, but it's just an idea.

emily said...

I just cannot tell you how much I LOVE the BYU helmet. It's the cutest way to decorate one I've seen yet.

LOVE it. Also, your boys are adorable.

Ryan and Camilla said...

Topping the charts, once again. Good 'ol B&J show. Every time.

Lanenga Family said...

Haha! You're so creative and funny! :)

Jessica and Boston said...

Watching this was my favorite part of the morning! Hahaha You are so creative! Thanks for sharing your humor talents!

Rachael said...

sorry, I don't normally leave comments on blogs of people I do not know, but I think that this post is absolutely AWESOME! too funny! PS...I really don't know how I found your blog...blog surfing I guess :-)