not sure how this happened, but both of my boys have short legs.
(please, no comments from the peanut gallery)
so... I have a little sewing trick for pants that are too long. the great thing about it is that when my boys grow, I can just take the stitch out and voila! the pants will be long again.
1. fold the jeans up and pin them. the jeans will end up shorter than this length, so keep that in mind.
2. sew in a straight line right next to the bottom hem of the pants.
3. when you are done, on the inside the stitch should look like this:
4. fold the inside back in, and there you have it!
5. if you want them to look even nicer, you can iron the hems to look flatter. if you are worried about the extra fabric showing or flipping the bottom of the pants up, you can safety pin them inside or even cut the excess fabric out altogether (which makes it permanent. I don't know if I'm going to be doing much more growing, so that's usually what I do for my own pants). I have even sewn my pants like this by hand.
what do you think? maybe everyone else already knew about this, but when I found out about it, my life was changed forever. or at least until I grow a little more.
4 days ago