Thursday, October 14, 2010

I know what you're thinking...

... "didn't you have another son once upon a time? one that wasn't bennett? where are all the pictures of him?"
(either that, or you were thinking "you have no idea what I'm thinking." either one.)





being silly. as usual.


notice the potty chart on the refrigerator. yes, it's useless. it's been there for a looong time.


couch potato. (pay no attention to the girly shorts. I needed to do laundry.)


yep, still staring at the tv, even while posing for a picture.


he loves his tricycle. especially when he can crash into things over and over again.


new light-up Spiderman shoes. no, you may not sleep in them, mr.


Little josh (or as he has insisted more recently, "I'm not josh, I'm jj!") is growing up. He expresses himself by talking very articulately, and has mellowed out in the last little while. I think maybe he hit the terrible 2's at age 2 weeks, and has now mostly grown out of them. Sure, he throws tantrums and gets upset, but you can reason with him, explain things to him, and even bribe him to convince him that you are right and he is wrong. It's very convenient.

He asks so many questions ("why??" "what does it do??"), and then will insist that you're wrong if you answer him differently the next time he asks you the same question. Don't tell him it's a bulldozer if it's really a backhoe loader-- he'll never let you live it down. A while ago I told him the quaint, romantic explanation that the "sun goes to bed at night" to explain why it gets dark. Because that isn't quite truthful, the other night I explained that the sun was actually shining on the other side of the world at the moment. He matter-of-factly explained to me that the sun goes to bed at night. "No, it doesn't really go to bed," I said. "Yes, it really goes to bed," he replied. I guess I need to be more careful what I say to him... What am I going to tell him about Santa??

7 comments:

Lori said...

Words cannot describe how much I miss that boy. Why did we move from provo in the first place?! That's it, we're moving back. BTW, can we live with you for a bit? I'm sure you have room :)

NoSurfGirl said...

bahahaha. He's a Blackham offspring, all right!

Jen said...

I would just like to point out the last paragraph and say that your HUSBAND was very much the same way as a child! So is Leah. That is why it is so important to be the one teaching gospel principles, because if he learns first from someone else you're going to have a 'fight' on your hands. Good luck. :)

Linda said...

I'm thinking (YES I AM!) that I love JJ just as much as Bennett. What wonderful boys. Please don't stop putting pictures of your WHOLE family on this blog! I really don't care what order they are in.

Steph said...

That is so adorable. He's a smart cookie! I also love that he knows whatever you say must irrefutably be true :)

Dahlia said...

He's so cute! I love his hair, it almost looks curly.

Camilla said...

Wow- old boy! He looks so grown up. And I don't even know the diff between a back hoe and a bulldozer. What a smarty pants.
About Santa... good luck! :)