Sunday, November 28, 2010

Yikes!

Yesterday Josh Sr was at the store and jr was talking to him on the phone in the living room. I was in the bedroom with Bennett. I came out to tell jr to come into the bedroom with us and...

The front door was open and jr was gone.

I ran outside looking for him, calling his name, and getting no response. And then I saw him all the way across the parking lot wearing no pants, no shoes, and two mismatched socks(you know, because it's cold outside), calling for his daddy. I ran to get him, very upset, and he explained to me in tears, "I want to go to the store with Daddy!"

Way to scare the daylights out of your momma, jr.

9 comments:

Linda said...

Yup. Josh Sr. got it right in your new header. JJ wants to go his own way. (Nice symbolism with him facing the opposite direction from the rest of the family). The good side of this kind of independence is that some day he will make a great leader. He just has to make it to oh, say 19 years old. No problem, right?

Marie said...

oh my goodness! scary!

Lanenga Family said...

Yikes is right! Glad you got him safely home!

Jenny said...

I'm glad he's okay. Same thing happened to me, but it was when we where looking at an new apartment to rent. We were upstairs, and Ben went downstairs and out the front door into the parking lot. It's so scary to see that door open and your child no where to be found. I'm so glad he's okay. We miss you, and I wish we lived nearby so we could hang out.

Erin R. said...

So scary, but a great story to tell him when he is older! Especially the no-pants and mismatched socks. :-)

Camilla said...

Awwww, he just wanted to be with his daddy. Frightening but really sweet too, right? Oh little Joshie, be careful!!!

Trent and Meg said...

Oh my goodness!!! So glad he didn't get far...and what a sweet boy...but still...so glad he didn't get far :) Hope your heart is beating soundly now :)

Steph said...

Oh my gosh! Well I'm glad he didn't go too far. I love the new blog header by the way :) Merry Christmas!!

Lori said...

That little rascal! I'm glad you found him and got a cute story out of it, but yeesh! I suppose you can't really get mad at him for loving his daddy.