Tuesday, February 8, 2011

P is for...

...preschool!
this is a picture from jj's first day. with a few moms in our ward, we have been trading off and teaching preschool. (I taught today. it was all about the letter E and by the end of the two hours with six little kids I needed some E is for Energy.) he really loves putting on his backpack and heading off into the wide world...


...and potty training!
because of preschool, we figured it was time to crack down on potty training. it has been going surprisingly well! I think he is much more ready now than he was even a month or two ago. it's not a done deal yet, but we'll get there. so many people say potty training is the absolute worst part about parenting, so I had expected it to be really awful (messes everywhere, utter chaos), but mostly life is just a little less convenient. he's my same little boy, but in underwear now (and I've already been wiping his bum since he was born, so that's nothing new).



"I pooped in the toilet!"

12 comments:

Trent and Meg said...

Oh.my.awesome. LOVE the potty dance! So excited for your preschool adventures...that will be so fun for you both :D And I bet Josh will love the stories when he gets home afterwards ;)

Margaret said...

oh dude - who TEACHES him those moves?! Especially the one right at the end...

heehee

Lora said...

JJ has some SERIOUS moves going on! I will have to learn the potty dance so I can teach it to Maya...whenever she decides she's done with diapers. Yeah for big boy panties! (On second thought, I'm pretty sure "big boy" and "panties" shouldn't be used in the same sentence, but I'm not sure what you would call them if not panties.)

The Gilberts said...

Haha the potty dance is too cool! :) Yay for preschool, and I bet he just loves it! :)

Lori said...

Oh man, that potty dance is fantastic. He is so grown up! I'm glad it's going so well. He totally looks like big josh in that pic where he's standing on the couch. We'll be starting in on a preschool co-op in the fall and I bet addie will love it.

Meredith Williams said...

Love the potty dance. I'm so glad it's going well....GO JOSH!!

michele said...

Yay! Congratulations, Junior!!!

Dahlia said...

Super cute little dance! Way to go with!

Camilla said...

I know from experience that Joshie is EXTREMELY smart, smart enough he could run his OWN preschool! I mean, what other two year old do you know who knows who the first pres. of the US of A was? That boy is going places (and I don't just mean to preschool again next week)!

Also, sweet potty moves JJ. Very very cool.

Linda said...

Potty trained, backpacker tote'n', dancer JJ. Nothing could be cooler! What a wonderful kid. I love 'im. And Mommy/preschool teacher Adele, you have way more "E"nergy than I ever had, so I'm very impressed.

Jason said...

That's similar to my potty dance.

Loved it.

Ryan said...

"I need some E is for energy" HILARIOUS