Thursday, April 21, 2011

I am the perfect housewife.

I haven't been on the internet as much lately. I've been cleaning my house.

Wait, what????

Yes, that's right. I am the perfect housewife. I look forward to doing the dishes, folding the laundry, mopping the floor. In fact, I can't wait until Bennett goes down for his nap so I can get cleaning.

Yep, perfect housewife. You didn't know?

Okay, okay, I'm cheating. You knew it was too good to be true.

I've been listening to audiobooks lately. It started on my weekly commutes to Park City, and then I just had to know what was going to happen in my book, and couldn't wait a whole week to find out! So for the past few months I've been doing my housework with my earphones in. I have listened to a. lot. of. books. Or at least a lot of hours of book.

Maybe it's bad. Maybe I should be spending less time escaping to somewhere else while doing the mundane things in life. Maybe I shouldn't sneak and listen while we are at the park and my kids are running around me. Maybe I should be enjoying silence and meditation sometimes.

But... my house is consistently cleaner when my hubby comes home, the dishes consistently done, and the laundry is washed and put away a little faster. Can that be a bad thing?

Books I've recently been enjoying:






(can you tell how much I love Brandon Sanderson?)


(currently listening to)

We have a subscription with Audible.com so we get a credit every month that goes toward the download of one audiobook. Josh even listens to his textbooks as he drives to school up in Salt Lake.

What did people do before audiobooks????

12 comments:

2DollarBill said...

I love you so. Just like I love Brandon Sanderson so. Is Way of Kings as good as all the others? It has me a little dubious.

Jennifer said...

Hmmm, one of these books is not like the other ones. I LOVED warbreaker and I think sanderson's Wheel of Time books are better than Jordans:). I need to get more into the audiobook thing.

The Gilberts said...

Hmmm. I should try this because I have NOT been good about cleaning my house lately! Sounds like fun!

Katie B said...

What a good idea! Everyone needs motivation to clean. Nice one

Camilla said...

Weird. I can't imagine listening to a book at home... maybe I should try it?!?!?! Um, of course I LOVE Brandon Sanderson as well. He's my fav of favs (so much so that when we saw a guy in line behind us at Chipotle the other day who had "The Way of Kings" in his hands, I HAD to gush and gush and gush about how much I loved it. And I told him he'd be a FOOL if he didn't read the Mistborn Trilogy as well.).
Also, I own "The Help." Lemme guess, book club book? I'll be interested to know what you think about it.

Anyway, I sure hope Ryan doesn't read this post because then he'll probably suddenly start saying things like, "you know what you should get into honey? Audio books. I hear they're just great." I'll know he's secretly just thinking about how clean the house could be! Yikes.

Ben and Summer said...

Ahhh, so that's the secret... I will have to look into that, my movie watching while folding laundry seems to have the opposite effect - slower. Looks like Brandon Sanderson is a good one;) I love The Help!

Jenny said...

The Help the movie is coming up late this summer. I think it comes out in August. You can see the trailer now. I loved that book.

Kristen said...

I don't think it's wrong for you to listen to books while cleaning. The only way my mom reads books is if she's listening to them while she is doing things. And you know her, she's always working on something :) I love playing musicals while I clean. My favorite musical to clean to is "Hello, Dolly!" or I play my playlist of musicals.

Linda said...

Make sure you bring some audiobooks with you when you come to my house. It is very much in need of a cleaning.

Since I love your taste in books, I immediately put that last one you mentioned on hold at the library. Books make the world go 'round.

Lori said...

Oh my goodness, i LOVE audio books, they are so addicting! I go crazy when I don't have one to listen to. I also have funny reminiscent moments of books when i'm in my garden or car or shower from the projects I took on while "reading" that book :)

Josh said...

Yes, yes you are.

Dahlia said...

I think I'm going to have to check out Brandon Sanderson's books! They sound fun and interesting, and I think my house could use a little more consistent cleaning as well :)