Monday, July 4, 2011

the benny and junes show: a very special day.


Oh wow! Look at that parade float!
Happy Canada Day, son!


Man, this reminds me of my mission in Canada. Those were the days.
♫ O, CANA-- ♫


daaaad! it's not Canada Day!


this looks like a serious job for a couple guys i know...


mom, i'll be right back.


hey, jamesy, what's up?


you're right, man. that IS serious.
we're on it.


if you don't know about the 4th of July, Uncle Justin...


...we'll soon fix that!


you see those guys over there?


they're American soldiers,
carrying our flag in honor of Independence Day.


when bad guys wanted to take away our freedom,


great American soldiers and leaders
have done their best to protect me and you.


that's right. America has been a country for 235 years now


where we can live happy lives with our families


and wear the American flag with pride!!


happy Independence Day.


*sniff* Um, okay guys...


That was beautiful. I love America.


yeah thanks, benny and junes.
you've saved the day once again.


now i can finally rest easy.


(let's just hope my dad doesn't see this float while i'm sleeping
and think it's Little Mermaid Day)

7 comments:

S0RR3L said...

once again, an amusing little story that puts a smile on my face. Lots of cute pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Those boys are SO patriotic! I also loved seeing people with their hands on their hearts when the flag was going by! (I don't EVER see that here) I LOVE my beautiful family and my beautiful country! God bless America.

Margaret said...

heeHEEEE!! And Bennett's got some eyebrow action going on - nice! :)

Kristen said...

Thanks for making me laugh! :) Where do you come up with these? Do you come up with them before or after you take the pictures? I think you'll have to make another comic book for mom and dad & I think I want to buy one too! :)

Lori said...

Wow, that's quite the parade! Looks like you had a fun (and informative) time!

Dahlia said...

Talk about entertaining and educational at the same time! How do they do it?!?

Steph said...

Totally cute. Happy 4th of July!!