Saturday, August 6, 2011

California comin' home


We are moving to California. With a pretty backyard like this and no snow, who could stay away?



We found a cute little house to rent in our price range and we are so excited about it. It's funny because we had just stopped complaining about Utah and were starting to really appreciate it. Thinking about settling down here for good. I guess that's when it's time to go.

We love you, Utah, and everything you stand for. Your CHEAP housing and real estate (man, I might miss that the most), your clean, safe streets. We love all you people here who are exactly like us-- young, recently graduated Mormon families with two kids and so many dreams (of course we love the rest of you who aren't exactly like us, but you are kinda hard to find in Provo). We love how green it has been this summer even though it is a "desert." (Sure, that's because of how much snow we had last winter, but since I don't have to live here for ANOTHER winter, I can now appreciate that snow. Okay, maybe not.)

We will miss Utah. Dearly, dearly. And all our friends who live(d) here. Most of those friends have since moved on to NotUtah and we are finally joining the crowd.

Yippee!

15 comments:

Meredith Williams said...

Oh my goodness, that yard is BEAUTIFUL! I'm so envious of you right now.....I'm excited for your new move. Good luck with the move!

Martha said...

I am excited for your move!

Ben and Summer said...

Hurray for you! That is so great to have a cute little house to rent with a great yard! We need to chat sometime. Good luck and keep us "posted"!

2DollarBill said...

I'm am much less excited for your move..... But am excited for you! Have fun in CA!

Margaret said...

heehee! Welcome to the NotUtah crowd! I just wish that YOUR neighborhood of NotUtah was a little closer to MY neighborhood of NotUtah! :)

Linda said...

Double Yippee! This means we WILL see you more often! Oh SO lovely backyard too. Can't wait to see it in person.

Lori said...

Three cheers for you guys! Is your blog title a shout out to Joni Mitchell? Did I already know you're a fan? If not, then ignore me... but if so:
Sitting in a park in Paris France...

S0RR3L said...

Very pretty... But I'm gonna miss you guys! I know we don't see each other much. But I always look forward to seeing all of you at family the next get together.. I love you!!

Jennifer Ricks said...

WOW! That is so exciting for you guys! I walked past your sister-in-law last week and she was talking about how you were in CA sans kids! Way to go, and I wondered if it was for house hunting! What city are you going to live in?

Camilla said...

I am very excited for you as well! I mean, it does kinda mean that we'll see even less of you than we see of you now, but it sounds really cool for you so I'll try to overlook that. I'm also excited for all the crazy stuff to be over so you don't have to be so stressed anymore! Wish I could help you pack like you and Junes did when we left Utah :( Hope you have lots of help!

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

No way! Where in California will you guys be? I know, I know, its a big place, but its worth a shot in the dark, right?

And I LOVE that you guys get to be in a house. Now that is livin' the dream:)

Marie said...

Congrats of moving to NotUtah! That's so exciting. When are you moving; is there anything you need or that I can help with?

Lanenga Family said...

Alright! What a great opportunity. Good luck!

Lora said...

So, when's the big move? Do we get to see you before you go? What part of California? If it's NorCal perhaps we will still run into you while visiting John's family.

Dahlia said...

GASP! Have a wonderful time in CA, but you will sorely be missed back here in UTAH!! I'm still around if you need a last minute babysitter :)