Friday, June 21, 2013

How does he *do* that??


joshy (coming into our room in the middle of the night): I'm scared of the dark!
Mommy: Go to sleep.

joshy: It's too daaaark!
Mommy: You have a nightlight. Go to sleep!

joshy: I can't! I'm scared!
Mommy (in a very desperate way): And now you're waking everybody else up! Go to SLEEP!

Daddy (in a calm, kind voice): Guess what, Joshy. I got a new pocketknife.
joshy: What?

Daddy: I got a new pocketknife.
joshy: Oh. Is it the black one?

Daddy: Nope, it's not the black one. It's a different one. With a light on it.
joshy: Oh.

Daddy: Go to sleep now, and I will show it to you in the morning.
joshy: Ok. (closes the door and goes to bed for the rest of the night)





6 comments:

Linda said...

Good fathers are irreplaceable. Josh happens to be one. I for one am very happy about that.

Linda said...

Good mothers are irreplaceable. Adele happens to be one. I for one am very happy about that.

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

That is awesome!

Jen said...

Hahaha...LOVE it!

michele said...

Wow, that is so funny! Joshy is such a good boy!

Dahlia said...

Awesome! Whether it's monsters or fear of the dark. Anything to get out of bed time right? It's so funny. Whenever I'm the crazy parent Brendan is the best, but when I'm calm, he looses his cool more often. lol Thank goodness we compensate for each other.