Wednesday, April 1, 2015

We are adopting...


THREE GOATS!!!


meet Seaweed


Darla

and Nutmeg!

We have a friend who can't keep her goats anymore so we've decided to bring them home! These pictures were taken yesterday when we visited them at their temporary residence (they have been there for a week). 

You might know that I'm not a big animal person. Yeah, I'm really not. I kinda have enough little persons' bodily functions to take care of, thankyouverymuch. But the boys have been begging me for a dog (or any kind of animal) ever since we moved into this house because the landlord allows pets! Gah! I'm out of excuses.

And when I told Josh about the goats, he got all excited and he and the kids all ganged up on me. And then Josh got permission from the landlord, for goats specifically. And then he got a permit from the city health officer!

And, well, my kids have grown so attached from all our visits to my friend's house, and, heck, what's three more little goats to take care of? Amiright?! 

Wish us luck! We bring them home today!

7 comments:

Heather Ann said...

Sounds like an adventure! I can't wait to visit you next and meet the little guys! Good luck!

Margaret said...

What a day! ;)

Alicia Karoly said...

Lol!!!

Goofalope Goober said...

I'm sure the new 'kids' will fit in well. I'm just curious, is this an alternative form of food storage? Either way, I like the names.

merrilykaroly said...

haha, I was totally going to use that joke, John!

p.s. This is an April Fool's joke and is not real. There is no way I would do this. Even if Josh begged me like, a lot.

Linda said...

My favorite line is: "...and he and the kids all ganged up on me." I was just imagining that scene; you getting beat up by goats. Lol! I also loved the "kids" names.

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.